- What is exactly is gluttony and is it a sin?
- Recently has something caused you to change your doctrinal position? Ephesians 1:7 NASB
- Have you wrestled through all the scripture that is on the scope of the atonement debate? 1 John 2:2 | John 3:17
- How do we explain election to unbelievers?
- Is categorizing sins as large or small biblical, or are all sins equal?
Book Recommendation: Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate By: Jerry Bridges
- How do we not be judgmental to other people struggling with their sin?
- Is there a hierarchy in heaven and/or hell?
- How do we describe believers who were pre-reformation, where they Christians?
- Is it appropriate for a Christian to rejoice when terrorists are killed?
- How should we deal with people who either hate or love the current administration?
- Ezekiel 18:20 lays out that children will not be punished for the sins of their fathers, yet in Esther 9:10, they hung the 10 sons of Haman with their father on the gallows?
- What happens to babies when they die, do they go to heaven or hell?
- Is there a specific chapter and verse that fully explains what happens with infants when they die?
- What is the age of accountability?
- As a Christian what should we say to someone who has lost a child?
- Are there two stages to salvation, first to be declared innocence then righteousness?
- When a child dies what are they going to be in heaven in their glorified body?
- As we’re not given in marriage in heaven how would raising a child?
- What age will we be in heaven?
- What is Federal Vision and who are the pastors that hold to that view?
- Guidance on using discernment when reading books from questionable authors.
- How many questions are too many to ask a pastor in a Q&A session? (Hint: apparently 18)
- Some good references for solid online content:
- John MacArthur Grace to You – https://www.gty.org
- The Cripplegate – https://thecripplegate.com/
- R.C. Sproul Ligonier Ministries – https://www.ligonier.org/
- Todd Friel Wretched Radio – https://www.wretched.org/
- Greg Koukl Stand to Reason- https://www.str.org/
- Scott Klusendorf Life Training Institute – https://prolifetraining.com/
- Ray Comfort Way of the Master – https://www.livingwaters.com/
- Jim Osman Kootenai Community Church – https://kootenaichurch.org/
- Do you believe in the Calvinist or Arminian soteriological position?
- Do you believe there are individuals born who are not God’s chosen people?
- Why would God choose some and not others?
- In relation to John 3:16 would you address the scope of the atonement?
- 2 Peter 3:9 who is the “all” that this passage addresses?
- Is God wringing His hands in Heaven waiting to see if they’ll repent?
- Define Dispensationalism?
- How does this pertain to Infant Baptism?
- Does baptism replace Circumcision?
- Address the concept of having no presuppositions, are we supposed to be neutral when we approach the Bible?
- What does it mean to say Jesus and the Father are consubstantial?
- What does Paul mean in 1 Timothy 4:10 that Jesus is the “Savior of all men?”
- What is Covenant Theology?
- How do Covenant Theologians handle Romans 9-11?
Why are false teachers able to call Jesus Lord? Does this show that they are not false teachers? What about the eternal subordination controversy that sprang up this last summer? What is the significance and meaning of Mark 16:15-18? Were annoying bugs part of the original creation, or are they part of the curse? Will there be bugs in Heaven?
Jim Osman was born in May of 1972 and has lived in Sandpoint since he was 3 years old. He achieved his life’s ambition by graduating from Sandpoint High School in 1990. Jim came to know Christ through the ministry of Cocolalla Lake Bible Camp. Kootenai Community Church has always been his home church, attending Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and Youth Group.
After graduating from High School, he attended Millar College of the Bible in Pambrun, Saskatchewan. It was at Bible College that Jim met his wife to be, Diedre, who was also enrolled as a student. Jim graduated with a three year diploma in April of 1993 and married Diedre in August of that same year. He returned to Millar to further his education in September of 1994 and graduated from the Fourth Year Internship Program with a Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Ministries in April of 1995.
Jim and Diedre returned to Sandpoint where Jim began working in construction and as a Roofing Materials Application Specialist (roofer) until he was asked to take over as the Preaching Elder of Kootenai Community Church in December of 1996. Now he counts it as his greatest privilege to be involved in ministering in the Church that ministered to him for so many years. It has been a great adventure!
Jim is the author of Truth or Territory: A Biblical Approach to Spiritual Warfare, Selling the Stairway to Heaven, and The Prosperity of the Wicked: A Study of Psalm 73. Jim and Diedre have four children: Taryn, Shepley, Ayden and Liam.