Questions from the first Q&A Session with Paul Taylor include:
- Who are your wife and kids? Where are they? What do they do? Do you have children? Where are they? What do they do? Married? Grandchildren?
- How did you meet your wife?
- How did the Lord save you? Give us your testimony.
- What is your ministry in Castle Rock? * What kinds of tours do you give?
- What qualifies you to speak with authority on creation, evolution, science, and catastrophism?
- Have you always been a young earth creationist? How did you come to this position?
- How did you get connected to the Mount St. Helens Creation Center? Who was the director before?
- How did you become interested in Mount St. Helens?
- How did you come to America? And where were you before that?
- Tell us something about Ken Ham that is fascinating?
- What church do you attend? What is your theological stripe?
- How do you serve in your local church?
- What are your hobbies and non-ministry interests?
- Tell us about your commentary on Genesis? Why is it unique?
- Have you done any creation/evolution debates?
- What does the future hold for Paul Taylor and the Mount St. Helens Creation Center?
Understanding Genesis is crucial to the Gospel and preaching the good news of Jesus Christ.
Director, Mount Saint Helens Creation Center
Paul Taylor was born in Ashton-under-Lyne, near Manchester in the North of England, in 1961. Trained as a musician, he eventually got interested in sciences in his later high school years, getting saved at the age of 15 in 1977. After about a year, Paul got a Saturday job in a Christian bookshop, where he came upon literature from a creationist organization in the UK. He was astonished that there were people around – even those with scientific qualifications – that did not believe the theory of evolution. The bookstore manager, who held a degree in science, explained these things to him. From that point on, Paul has written and spoken on the subjects of creation, evolution, Genesis and apologetics.
After obtaining a degree in Chemistry, and a teaching certificate from the University of Nottingham, Paul became a high school science teacher. He worked successfully in this career for 18 years, rising through the ranks, eventually to become a Head of Science. Outside of work, Paul was involved in his church, preaching, teaching and leading worship, as well as writing worship songs.
In 2000, Paul left teaching to set up an ICT training business, training people mostly in Microsoft Office applications, and web development applications.
In 2005, he was invited to join Answers in Genesis, and I worked at their UK office for 6 years, moving to the United States in 2011 to work for Creation Today, in Pensacola, Florida. Today, Paul and his wife are now the Directors of the Mount St. Helen’s Creation Information Center, at Castle Rock, Washington – at the start of the main tourist route leading to the volcano, Mount St. Helens. From this base, Paul continues to travel around the United States, speaking on creation, Genesis and apologetics.
Paul is married to Geraldene, and they have five children and four grandchildren between them.